Here are eight marketing myths from a really well-named book called Your Marketing Sucks.
1. Doing any marketing at all, is better than doing nothing.
2. Advertising and marketing are the same.
3. The best marketing presents a company and/or its products as beautiful or creative or sexy.
4. Great marketing is dreamed up by highly paid executives who make ads and brochures and websites and then let them loose in the marketplace.
5. Salespeople aren’t really part of the marketing process.
6. With the right training, you can turn non-closers into closers.
7. Great marketing agencies are the ones who win lots of awards. So choose them.
8. Good marketing is based on rules.
Read more about these myths here.