What’s the difference between a media brand and an individual with 50 million YouTube views?
Andrea Russett is a YouTube phenomenon. She has amassed over 700K Twitter followers, 1 million YouTube subscribers, 1.1 million Instagram followers, and 50 million YouTube views.
Speaking with me at hivio 2014 with her manager Phil Becker, here are some of the questions that Andrea and Phil answered:
- How did you become a YouTube Star? How do you grow that kind of attention?
- What do brands expect from a YouTube Star? How do they work with you?
- How did you work on the Radio?
- Why does a YouTube star WANT to be on the radio?
- How does a broadcaster find talent from YouTube?
- Why isn’t every broadcaster in every local market doing that?!
- What did Phil learn from the experience with Andrea on the radio?
Talent is central to the future of radio, no matter where it lives. And a talent who comes to radio with its own large and built-in audience is a special talent indeed.
This is required viewing for broadcasters everywhere!
Watch this video:
Prefer audio? Try this:
Go here for more info about hivio, the audio future festival. The free event for everyone in the audio entertainment and information space.
(You can subscribe to all the MRM video and audio via iTunes and get the goodies before everybody else. You can also get advance notice of this content if you “like” MRM on Facebook or follow me on Twitter).