Your radio station is, as is often argued, a local media company. And the big growth in local media is in the mobile space.
That’s why you’ll find me at a conference devoted to this topic later in June. And it’s why you should be there, too.
On June 27 in San Francisco BIA/Kelsey is hosting a one-day conference: MLM (Mobile Local Media) SF – Monetizing Mobile / Local / Social.
And the speakers include the legendary technology pundit (and VC) Stewart Alsop along with execs from Google, PayPal, Yelp, Groupon, American Express, Pandora, and many more.
Here are some of the topics to be covered:
- What are near- and long-term opportunities where mobile local and social media converge?
- What are best practices in building and launching mobile products?
- What are the ways mobile is developing into shopping, commerce and payment utilities?
- Where do both traditional media and startups play into this ecosystem?
- Where’s the money?
- What will it take to win?
I have often argued that broadcasters should spend more time communing with those who are not broadcasters. If you are of that like mind, then please join me at this conference and let’s make some dents in radio’s proverbial universe.
To make the offer sweeter, you can save $100 off the registration cost if you use this link and register with promo code RAMSEY.
See you in San Francisco!