Recently I was interviewed by Olivia Collette for Sparksheet, a business-to-business blog on media, content and marketing. Olivia has allowed me to share the audio of that interview with you, so here it is.
Some of the questions we covered:
- Is Pandora “radio” or not?
- Is “radio” today a service, an experience, or a medium? (My answer: It’s an “experience”)
- What’s one sentence that can define radio for the future? And what can we do because of that?
- What’s the difference between “retention” tactics and “discovery” tactics for radio?
- Which is more important in the success of our digital ideas, money or passion?
- Is personalization a replacement for a “curated” radio experience – or just a supplement? And is Pandora really as much “work” as it seems to be?
- What “curation” is – it requires the presence of human beings and a sense of “taste”
- How can broadcasters make their content stronger in the midst of so much online competition?
Here’s a sharable, social version of the interview:
And here’s a non-sharable, not-so-social version:
(You can subscribe to all the MRM video and audio via iTunes and get the goodies before everybody else. You can also get advance notice of this content if you “like” MRM on Facebook or follow me on Twitter).