Recently, Malaysia’s BFM, a business radio station, interviewed me about developments in radio – what’s changed and what’s about to change.
This is one of those rare opportunities for me to speak about radio from an international perspective, although still focusing on where radio is headed here at home in the US.
Here are some of the elements we focus on:
- What are the consequences of “everyone as media company”?
- How can radio continue to stay relevant?
- What are the challenges posed by new players like Pandora and Spotify?
- How will radio adapt to this new competition?
- Is “Niche” the way to go for success in radio?
If you stand for something that something is bigger than radio – even if you perceive yourself as being in “the radio business.”
Thanks to BFM for their time. And thanks to you for yours!
Here’s the interview audio:
(You can subscribe to all the MRM video and audio via iTunes and get the goodies before everybody else. You can also get advance notice of this content if you “like” MRM on Facebook or follow me on Twitter).