Culture is central to fabulously successful online retailer Zappos. And that culture has grown from the company’s foundational core values:
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
These are much more than company talking points. How else to explain the Zappos Culture Book? This is not a book written by the company chiefs, it’s written by the employees, each of whom shares a story about what the Zappos culture means to them.
This is an amazing example of leadership and brand-building in action.
Recently I got my hands on a copy of the the famous Zappos Culture Book (the company will send you one if you ask. Smart). And in the video below I offer you a peek between the covers (click to play).
Prefer audio? Try this:
There are great illustrations here of how Zappos put the “zap” in. How are you putting the “zap” in your company?