The week after online radio leader Pandora announces a slew of new automaker deals and releases news that they have topped 75 million registered users it’s time to ask the question: Where do they go from here?
I sat down with Pandora CEO Joe Kennedy for a very special two-part conversation (watch for part 2 tomorrow).
Here are some of the questions we discussed in today’s chat:
- How is Pandora in cars going to roll out and what will it mean to consumers?
- How important is ease of use and what is “mean time to music”?
- In cars, how often do consumers use Pandora and what needs does it satisfy?
- How many people are registered today and how much money is Pandora making?
- How constraining are tiered bandwidth limits – really?
- What would you say to broadcasters who argue there’s no business in online radio?
- Is there a future for Pandora in spoken word?
- What’s coming up for Pandora that might surprise people?
Enjoy this probing and thoughtful conversation (click below). And tune in for part two tomorrow.
Prefer audio? Try this: