Howard Lapides is a veteran of radio.
As CEO of Lapides Entertainment, Howard is now managing writer/producers, talk show hosts, authors, comedians, and actors, as well as executive producing a variety of shows, like VH-1’s highly successful “Celebrity Rehab” franchise, Comedy Central’s “The Man Show,” and “LoveLine” on MTV.
Among Howard’s first words to the audience: “Radio as you learned it is gone, but radio is not gone.”
Howard is a keen observer of the radio space and a fan of the medium, but an even bigger fan of the content carried by that medium.
“Make a noise,” Howard advised us. Great advice.
Some of the questions we cover:
- Talk about some of the talent you’ve worked with who have at least part of their identity in the audio space?
- How does a talent grow from audio into other platforms? Why is that even important?
- Thanks to the low bar required to podcast, everybody thinks they’re a radio talent. Are they?
- What do you look for in the talent you partner with? What are the talent must-do’s – must-not-do’s?
- How do you advise talent?
- What are media companies looking for from talent?
I really think you’re going to enjoy this conversation with Howard. Watch it here:
This is another of many videos I’ll be sharing from hivio 2016.
You’ll find them first here in this blog.