Andy Bowers is the Chief Content Officer of Panoply, a leading podcast network and an innovator in the space.
In this Q&A from hivio 2016, the audio future festival, I talk with Andy about Panoply’s business model, how the company works with advertisers and brands, and the future of podcasting as a business.
Among the questions Andy addresses:
- Describe Panoply
- For advertisers, Panoply is more about impact than scale. How is that distinction important and how does it work for you?
- How do you work with brands?
- Most of the advertising on Panoply is direct response. This is a small portion of the ad dollar. When will this evolve? How will it evolve?
- What data do you need to boost the business of podcasting?
- Client-branded podcasts – The Message / GE, companion podcasts for HBO / Netflix. How did these come about?
- Describe the business model for Panoply? How do you make money?
- How do you measure success for Panoply and your clients?
- What is a “Panoply show?” How does a show become a Panoply show?
- What’s your aspiration? How large?
- What are the challenges in a podcasting network?
If you’re in the audio space then you have to grapple with monetizing on-demand content. See what you can learn from Andy. Click here:
This is another of many videos I’ll be sharing from hivio 2016.
You’ll find them first here in this blog.